Intern Applications Sought by South Dakota Republican Party
The South Dakota Republican Party has opened the application process for students interested in serving as a political intern for the 2020 election cycle. The SDGOP is looking for college students from all over South Dakota and has openings for regional field teams in all corners of the state.
“The opportunity to intern at the South Dakota Republican Party is one of the best ways to learn how our election process works, while also helping get some great candidates elected,” said Dan Lederman, Chairman of the South Dakota GOP. “Interns will experience the inner workings of a grassroots political organization firsthand, while improving their knowledge and communication skills. I encourage all college students to consider applying for this great experience.”
Republican Party internships are not exclusively reserved for those interested in a career in politics, but also for those looking to expand their experience in the day-to-day operations of an fast-paced organization. Applicants will gain a variety of skills including but not limited to political organizing, communications, research, public relations, event planning, and digital media.
As an SDGOP intern, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Get a peek into the world of campaigning and politics
- Work with state leaders and meet elected officials
- Make your SDGOP schedule work around your school and/or work schedule
- Apply your skill set in a way that reflects your academic background and personal interest
- Attend special events with federal, state, and local officials
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced work environment in a historic election year
Successful interns will receive a letter of recommendation from party leadership, and assistance in securing future employment or internships with a variety of affiliate organizations. Internships for school credit may be accommodated.
College Students who are interested in interning should fill out the application and return it to email@example.com.