Bylaws › SECTION II
MEETINGS OF THE STATE CENTRAL COMMITTEE
1. Two regular meetings of the State Central Committee shall be held each year upon the call of the State Chairman. One meeting shall be held during January or February and the second meeting shall be held during June, July, August, or September.
2. Special meetings for specific purposes may be called by either/or (a) the State Chairman; or (b) upon the written request of at least one member of each county delegation of at least 10 different counties.
3. Notices of all meetings shall be sent at least 14 days in advance of the meeting to all members of the State Central Committee unless 30 days notice is required by Section I 7 2 b and shall clearly indicate the agenda, place, date and hour of the meeting. This provision shall not limit any member from presenting any matter at a regular meeting whether or not included in the agenda in the written notice, except for bylaw changes. Unofficial minutes of all meetings shall be distributed to Central Committee members within 14 days of the meeting date.
4. A quorum of the State Central Committee shall consist of at least 45 members, in person or represented by proxy or by telephone teleconference, or other electronic (audio or video) means except for meetings called pursuant to SDCL 12-6-56, 12-6-57 and 12-6- 58. The voting at each meeting shall be on the basis of one vote for each member present. However, no member shall be allowed to vote by telephone, teleconference or other electronic means if the meeting has been called pursuant to SDCL 12-6-56 and 12- 6-57 to fill a vacancy for presidential elector or candidate for statewide office or called pursuant to SDCL 12-6-58 to select a candidate to be voted on in a special election to fill Congressional vacancies pursuant to SDCL Chapter12-11. 3
5. Voting shall be by roll call ballot if requested by one-fifth of the members present.
6. Robert’s Rules of Order will determine the procedure for any meeting unless otherwise prescribed by these bylaws.
Proxies shall be allowed for voting on the State Central Committee under the following circumstances:
A. All proxies must be in writing and signed by the person granting the proxy.
B. No person may hold more than one proxy.
C. No voting member of the State Central Committee can hold the proxy of more than one other voting member of the State Central Committee.
D. Members serving on the State Central Committee as specific representatives of a geographic area may only assign such proxy to another registered Republican who resides in their county.
These Bylaws may be amended at any meeting by a two-thirds vote of those present, if a quorum is present, and provided that the proposed amendment or amendments are in the meeting notice. The proposed amendment or amendments may be proposed in writing to the state secretary by any member and shall be included in the notice of the next regular or special meeting.
8. An amended version of the proposed amendment may be discussed and voted upon, if a motion to this effect is offered prior to discussion and agreed to by a two-thirds vote of the quorum present. Such amendments must be directly relative to the line and section originally proposed for amendment.